Request a Free Fall Prevention Workshop for Your Group
Wellspring Senior Care is proud to be the Metroplex resident experts in fall prevention. Let us share some ideas with your family, friends, company, organization, or group about how to guard against one of the most dreaded events in the life of a senior citizen.
Did you know that:
- 70% of accidental deaths in people over the age of 75 result from falls?
- 40% of all nursing home admissions are attributable to repeated falls at home?
- 1 out of every 3 seniors who lives independently in their homes will seek medical care for a major fall each year? If you are over 75, the likelihood of falling is even greater.
- 25% of seniors who suffer hip fractures die within one year?
- Survivors of falls may experience debilitating fractures of the hip, wrists, or spine?
- Falling, or the fear of falling, often times leads to loss of confidence, imposed isolation, and immobility?
The consequences of falling are very serious to seniors and their families. We speak to groups, both large and small, about how to prevent falls. In this presentation, we cover:
- The frequency and effects of falls among seniors
- The most common causes of falls
- Things you can do to reduce the risk of falling
- What to do when someone falls
- How to tell if you or someone you love is at risk of a fall
With each presentation, brochures, videos, and other materials are available for each person. In addition, each senior will have the opportunity to participate in a free risk assessment.
If you would like to schedule a presentation for your group, please contact us.